Your parenting education and support hub! Est. 1992
Parenting Education Saskatchewan is the result of agencies coming together to promote the value and importance of positive parenting in our province.
This initiative links parenting services across the province and provides support and information to those facilitating or organizing parent support or
Statement of principles
guides the work of Parenting Education Saskatchewan. These Principles are consistent with the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child and apply to parent learners as well as to others who care for children.
Coping with COVID-19
Parenting Education Saskatchewan and Family Service Saskatoon are committed to the health and well-being of our community during these challenging and unpredictable times. We continue to provide emotional support, coping strategies and resources through telephone counselling.
Please find below useful links and resources about coping strategies in response to COVID-19:
- Mental Health and Psychosocial Considerations During COVID-19 Outbreak follow link
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation download resource
- Mental Health Resources: OUT Saskatoon follow link
- Governmental Supports and Programs During COVID-19 follow link
- Keeping Children Safe During COVID-19 Follow link download reousrces
- Mental Health and the COVID-19 Pandemic follow link
- #HealthyAtHome – Healthy Parenting (during COVID-19) follow link
- Coping with Stress during a Pandemic
- Talking To Kids About COVID-19
- How to Prepare Children for Going Back to School During COVID-19
- Family mental health crisis: Parental depression, anxiety during COVID-19 will affect kids too
- How to support kids’ and teens’ mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic
- How To Apply For Employment Insurance Benefits During COVID
If you have feedback or changes regarding the contents of the Parenting Education Saskatchewan resource page or would like your organization/agency/program added please fill in the contact form.